Our Client, Amica Savings & Credit Ltd wishes to recruit competent individuals to fill the position of Branch Manager.
This position will be based at one of the Branches in Muranga County
Primary Responsibility: Reporting to the General Manager (Operation and Business Development), the Branch Manager will ensure branch growth and profitability, develop and execute the branch business plan while at the same time manage and develop branch staff by providing support, guidance and training
- Oversee the day to day efficient and effective operation of the branch
- Implements the Society's policies at the Branch level
- Oversee adherence of the set rules and regulations for the smooth running of branch operations.
- Ensure proper maintenance and safe custody of all records.
- Ensure optimum utilization of all Branch assets and resources
- Ensure that the Branch observes liquidity and cash ratios and that adequate level of cash is maintained
- Implement management and control systems at Branch level.
- Ensure the safety of staff, customers and all assets and equipment within the Branch.
- Facilitate the implementation of credit policy and other operation manuals
- Custodian of all security instruments charged in favor of the organization as security for loans.
- Ensure proper loan tracking is done and that loan defaulting is timely identified and relevant action initiated.
- Review the branch monthly financial statements against the targets and work on the variances.
- Ensure loan transactions are accurately posted into the members’ loan account
- Ensure branch is in compliance with the rules and regulations set forth by SASRA and other regulatory agencies.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and guide staff and also establish and monitor staff performance and development goals
- Ensure that services offered are of the highest standards
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities
- Business related degree. Qualifications in accounting (CPA) will be an added advantage
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar position ( in SACCO or Financial Service Sector)
- Strong accounting, customer service and communication skills;
- Ability to make sound judgment/decisions, practical knowledge of branch operations, regulatory issues governing the SACCO’s
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration package to: [email protected]; by 25th July 2017.