Vacancies: Field Interviewers for a Research Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) invites applications for field interviewers for one of their research projects titled Dietary Transitions in African Cities: Leveraging Evidence for Interventions and Policy to Prevent Diet-Related Non-Communicable Diseases (Food Choices project).
The project will be conducted in Embakasi Sub- County (Jericho), Nairobi, and aims to explore the factors associated with food consumption patterns (what people eat) and practices (how, where, when and with whom they eat) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 4 days training (July 18th to 21st, 2017)
- 2 days re-training (August 31st to September 1st, 2017)
- 40 days of data collection (September 4th to October 16th, 2017)
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be involved in the following activities:
- Recruitment of eligible participants at household level
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative interviews with the eligible participants
- Reviewing the data collected to determine that all questions are completed prior to submission
- Data collection progress report writing
- Meeting their team leader(s) on a weekly basis to submit progress updates
- Following-up with participants for missing responses or to correct any inaccurate responses
- Any other project related activity assigned by the project manager during the contract period
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in nutrition or a related degree from a recognized university
- Have proven experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Proficient in English and Kiswahili (verbal and written)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and report writing skills
- Available for the entire training and data collection period as indicated above
- Priority will be given to residents of Jericho or Makadara and Embakasi sub county
- Previous engagement with APHRC will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV (as one document) with contacts of three referees and indicating their area of residence, via email to [email protected] by close of business 12th July 2017.
Indicate on the cover letter and the email subject “Food choices project”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.