Job Vacancy: Caritas Machakos Director
Organisation Information: Caritas Machakos is the Community Development and Social Services Commission of The Catholic Diocese of Machakos (herein referred to as The Diocese).
The Diocese is a large jurisdiction in the Archdiocese of Nairobi with an estimated area of 15,183 Km2.
It envelopes Machakos and Makueni Counties, and comprises of 13 Deaneries and 80 Parishes. The Diocese headquarters is in Machakos town.
Caritas is currently seeking to fill the position of Caritas Machakos Director
Position: Caritas Machakos Director
Reporting to: The Bishop and Caritas Board
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 2 year contract, renewable, with 6 months’ probation period
Requirements for the position: Reporting to the Bishop and Board of Caritas, the Director will develop and implement the organization's programs; The Caritas Director will have overall responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
The Director will prioritise the strategic planning and resource mobilisation processes to set priorities, establish agreement around intended outcomes in response to a changing environment.
The following are the requirements for this position:
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of Caritas;
- Recruit, lead, coach and develop result-oriented leadership for key staff. Stimulate individual and team development;
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications - from web presence to internal and external relations with the goal of creating a stronger Caritas Machakos brand;
- Expand fundraising activities to support existing and new programs; ensure a high quality proposal applications with the goal to diversify the funding base;
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board, staff, and implement these plans;
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of Caritas and to identify changes in the community served;
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations;
- Facilitate learning and knowledge development of staff, within and between teams, stimulate cross Caritas member organisations knowledge, networking and sharing of best practises.
- University degree preferably Masters in a related field.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations;
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of Caritas;
- A good understanding of the Catholic Social Teachings;
- Knowledge of project management, human resources management and financial management;
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, financial management, E-mail and Internet.
The Director should demonstrate competence in in the following:
- Behave Ethically: that own behaviour is ethical and consistent with Catholic Social Teachings;
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of Caritas Machakos and to create new opportunities;
- Make Decisions: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation;
- Think Strategically: assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
If you have 8 or more years of progressive senior management experience in the development sector and fit the above requirements, send a cover letter and resume by 31st July 2017 to [email protected] indicating Caritas Machakos Director on the subject line.
Important: Your cover letter must indicate how your qualifications and experience match the qualifications given for this position; must indicate current and desired remuneration and earliest date of availability. In your CV, provide details of your qualifications, experience and present position, names and telephone contacts of three referees, including your current direct supervisor.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.