Do you have a knack for excellence?
Are you creative, innovative and passionate about what you do?
We are looking for you to be part of our growing team that will help us deliver amazing and unique experiences to our clients.
We are an experiential marketing and events planning company based in Nairobi.
We are looking for fill the following position:
Sound and Lighting Technician
The job holder is responsible for assembling, setting up, operating and maintaining the technical equipment during events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with project manager to understand light and sound requirements for the event.
- Visiting and assessing event locations for technical purposes
- Prepare a brief on the proposed execution model that will be adopted for the event.
- Establish sound and lighting requirements for event.
- Liaise with project manager throughout the event
- Run cable, check mikes, and set up baseline levels before event
- Assign mikes levels to ensure balanced sound.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during events.
- Maintenance on quality sound throughout the event.
- Responsible for plotting the lighting.
- Assemble all the lighting and filter equipment needed.
- Ensure all lighting equipment is in working order and organize any necessary scaffolding and cranes.
- Conduct risk assessments for health and safety purposes.
- Pre-rig the lighting and ensure all cables and wires are safely concealed.
- Load automated colour change systems.
- Check the focusing of lighting at rehearsals.
- Programme and operate lighting consoles during the event.
- De-rig all equipment at the end of the event and ensure it is safely transported away from the location and/or stored.
- Managing the lighting and sound budget and advising on the purchase/hire of suitable equipment.
- Resolve technical issues when they arise.
- Responsible for ensuring that periodic maintenance of equipment is done.
- Report equipment problems and ensure that required repairs are done.
- Maintaining the sound and lighting equipment in good safe working condition.
- Responsible for the safe storage of the sound and lighting equipment.
- Maintain a register of all equipment and prepare monthly reports.
- Prepare report at the end of every event.
- Keeping abreast of the advances in technologies and techniques in the industry.
- A Diploma or Degree in sound engineering, electrical engineering or other related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good oral and written skills.
- Excellent hearing and colour vision.
- Must have attention to detail
- Have a creative flair
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work as a team
- Good level of fitness.
How to Apply
If you fit the bill, kindly send us your CV including 3 professional referees to [email protected].
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary and the notice period you would require if selected for the position by 24th July 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.