Vacancy: Food and Beverage Manager
Job Ref: RH/FBM/1
Our client is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
They are looking for a Food and Beverage Manager to be based at their 5* luxury hotel in Zanzibar. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting all Food and Beverage standards, revenue, profitability and quality goals.
S/he will ensure efficient operations of the entire department and maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the entire Food & Beverage operation with other departments within the and outside the company.
- Plan and coordinate menus
- Ensure staff in the F&B team are providing superior services and quality products are being provide to meet guest expectations
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- Check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash
- Ensure that staff roasters and shifts are being organised and posted accordingly
- Oversee personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory, set budgets with management
- Ensure that that reports are timely prepared at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales
- Monitor compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
- Control costs and minimise waste
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about menu and wine choices
- Successfully promote and publicise the brand
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Analyses and plan sales levels and profitability
- Organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in customer service management
- Extensive food and wine knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in English
- Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Must have a Culinary School Diploma or Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration
- Willing to work in Tanzania
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to [email protected], quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted