Sheer logic Management Consultants is sourcing for an Accountant for our client; a leading Frozen Foods Company based in Nairobi.
Job Brief: The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining company accounts and report to the company director.
The accounting aspect of the role is expected to take 50% of the individual’s time with the remainder time to be focused on sales.
The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with great people skills and strong in persuading and negotiating.
- Send monthly client statements & follow up on cheque payments.
- Knowledge and able user of QuickBooks and Tally.
- Required to liaise with international suppliers and manage import process, including IDF, payments, customs duty / vat, etc.
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc.
- Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other.
- Liaise with the Directors to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
- Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Director.
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
- Review and query petty cash payments.
- Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files.
- Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times.
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances.
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Proven experience as an accountant or relevant role
- Understanding& Background of the Food and Beverage industry, ideally with an established network
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office
- Understanding of KRA systems with regards to VAT payments, etc.
- Self-motivated and results-driven approach
- High school Degree
- Ability to network
- Attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 14th July 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected] clearly marking “Accountant”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal opportunity employer.