Duma Works is recruiting a Hotel Operations Supervisor for our client in Mombasa.
The hiring company is an exquisite hotel located at the North Coast of Kenya.
Job Summary: The main purpose of the Hotel Operations Supervisor is to assist the Operations Manager, General Manager or other Manager in overseeing all operational aspects of the hotel and to ensure that everything is running smoothly and to ensure timely solutions to all problems that may arise from time to time.
- Work with Operations Manager or other Managers to oversee and follow up on daily operations at the hotel
- Develop and ensure quality standards of guest relations and property are maintained
- Coordinate general operations
- Handle and follow up on all client inquiries and provide timely solutions
- Work hand in hand with the Reservations team to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and feedback/reviews
- Review bookings made by the reservations department and confirm requests
- Work closely with the Accounts department to monitor and make recommendations for reduction of all operating costs and budgets
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Management/Directors from time to time
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years experience working in the hospitality sector
- Prior experience working in a hotel in a similar or equivalent position
- Diploma or Degree in a hospitality related field
- Proven management skills
- Previous Accounts Management experience preferred
- Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures
- An awareness of developments within the food and hospitality industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
- Exceptional English and Kiswahili skills. Knowledge of additional foreign languages will be an added advantage
- Good computer literacy and hotel management systems training
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have at least 2 verifiable recommendations
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2916”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2916 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 24 July 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.