Job Vacancy: HR Intern
The Role: The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to The HR Team and clients
1. Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field.
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Keeps abreast of Document retention requirements
2. Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Foster time management skills
3. HR administration
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Proof read HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
- May be responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements
- Ensure Career Builder and Monster job packs are current with available job ads
- Audit HR Plus, Washington Post, and Baltimore Sun invoices
- Manage Pre-Employment Processes
- Sort incoming resumes and logs them into appropriate tracking spreadsheets
- Complete and mail out regret letters
- Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing
- Send background checks to HR Plus and save results when they are returned
- Complete and mail out offer letters
- Manage Client Satisfaction
- Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external.
- Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
- Manage and Accurately Report Time and Expenses.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
Apply at [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted