Our client, an International Hotel Chain in Nairobi, is looking for a Director of Engineering.
The successful candidate will hold the technical overall responsibility of all machinery, technical systems, plants, energy, etc. of the entire Hotel site.
Strong accent is to be given to the technical service towards the guest as a prime goal and to maintain and develop the attitude of the related staff as a second.
MUST HAVE WORKED FOR A HOTEL! INTERNATIONAL HOTEL CHAIN EXPERIENCE AN ADDED ADVANTAGE!
- Implement all necessary work procedures for preventive maintenance and initiate respective scheduled procedures
- Handling and management of storing of spare parts
- Work out a concept of a yearly preventive maintenance program
- Establish a monthly report of works carried out, machines maintained, special events, report and consumption of energy and water
- Control and endorse all invoices for installations
- Initiate, execute and/or monitor training of his/her staff for engineering matters
- Assists and co-ordinates together with the Chief of Security proper Fire & Safety training for all staff of the hotel
- Attends daily operational meetings
- Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency, which may occur
- Organization of engineering administration
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- At least 10 years of Maintenance experience in a hotel
- International Hotel Chain experience an added advantage
- Hotel opening experience an added advantage
- Familiarity with hotel operating systems and software
- Good administrative, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in English
Monthly Gross Salary: Competitive salary
Deadline: 13th of August 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2vghbS4
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***