Job Vacancy: Director Procurement / Logistics and Security
Our client, an international NGO in quality reproductive health care and family planning wishes to recruit a Director Procurement, logistics and security.
The position holder will oversee the design, development, delivery and monitoring of logistics and procurement of goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically lead on procurement, purchasing and supply chain processes within the organization. To ensure the smooth running of end to end supply chain operations at a central, service delivery and regional levels (procurement, purchasing, regulatory, quality assurance and inventory management)
- Implement internal business processes and dissemination of best practice across programme functions.
- Provide leadership in issuance of tenders, bid analysis and selection of contractors / suppliers in conformity with procurement guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with donor procurement guidelines, maintain and strengthen approved Suppliers.
- Give strategic leadership and support to fleet management team and ensure that the organization’s fleet of vehicles is managed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that proper records of vehicles, maintenance schedules, fuel consumption patterns, wear-and-tear are kept
- Ensure that a functional logbook system is maintained for the fleet to ensure accountability for mileages covered, purpose of travel and proper authorization
- Ensure the identification of credible repair facilities and enter into maintenance contracts with such contractors
- Manage safety and security in the workplace across the core service delivery channels.
- Ensure all centres and support offices are well maintained and secure. Maintain a register of incidents and action plan on the basis of this including securing relevant budget and outsourcing work as required.
- Other responsibilities as required, commensurate with the role of a senior executive management team member
- Manage recruitment, performance monitoring, team motivation, and talent development within the procurement/logistics and security department, in coordination with the Director People and Development.
- Ensure all department teams and team members have OGSMs
- Related to clear and achievable team work plans, and that performance appraisals are conducted on that basis.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Commerce / Purchasing & Supply
- Post Graduate will be an advantage
- Other professional qualifications, ideally membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) is desirable
- Significant experience in a similar position at senior management level, with ideally both NGO and private sector exposure
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain management
- Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads; and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills Excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance Organisation and communication skills
- Cross-functional team player
Follow the link below to apply:
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.