Job Vacancy: Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit a Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Systems and mechanisms for high-quality data collection are embedded across all channels
- Develop workable dashboards from the Client Information Centre (CLIC) and DHIS 2 (ORION) that will enable regular collection, storage and interpretation of data needed by the staff
- Support introduction, testing and training of programme staff on the use, maintenance and development of these tools
- High-quality review of all data to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Develop and encourage innovation in feedback mechanisms from clients to improve service delivery.
- Attend regional meetings to encourage correct reporting and use of data collection tools across all channels
- Present analysis of all service delivery channels to CMT each month, with recommendations and suggestions for improved performance
- Undertake regular review of programmatic activities, feeding back learnings to relevant departments to ensure cost-effectiveness and value-for-money
- Ensure the organization adheres to the data quality minimum standards
2. Monitoring and evaluation activities are in place for all donor-funded projects
- Give technical input on Monitoring and Evaluation during the development of project proposals. Ensure alignment of new project Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks to standard log frame.
- Develop and update monthly performance monitoring plans for all projects
- Assess the quality of care provided by and routinely facilitate client feedback mechanisms and support the clinical teams in quality assessment including the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agreed action points/ plans.
- Support the development of data bases for all projects to support the integration of reporting systems into the Ministry of Health reporting framework.
- Strengthen programme learning and use of evidence through presentations, dissemination of learnings and case studies
- Conduct routine supervisory visits across the service delivery channels and ensure all findings from Data Quality Audits (DQAs) are shared with Line Manager and Programmes Director monthly, flagging any key areas of concern
- Submit data as required for donor reports in a timely and accurate manner
3. Implement, disseminate and utilize high quality research
- Design quantitative and qualitative research studies in line with the country programme information needs and the international standards.
- Prepare data collection tools, recruit and train field data collectors, and monitor implementation of field research activities.
- Prepare and submit applications for ethical review of proposed projects to local IRBs, and facilitate the submission of research protocols to the Ethics Review Committee (ERC).
- Ensure data collected are entered using appropriate software packages, cleaned to the highest standard, and analyzed.
- Prepare bidding documents for research activities and closely manage delivery of research by consultants.
- Write-up evidence-based reports in collaboration with other departments. Ensure reports are concise, easy-to-understand, and action-oriented.
- Disseminate research results to managers and implementers using appropriate channels and fora, in order to formulate decisions and ensure evidence-based action.
- Keep relevant staff members abreast of new research by other organizations with relevance for the country program work.
- Prepare research findings for presentation at national and international conferences and for submission to peer reviewed journals and other publications.
- Represent the team internally and externally at stakeholder forums
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, statistics, demography, information science, health systems or any other related discipline
- A minimum of two years’ experience in research, monitoring & evaluation and data analysis and presentation using SPSS, advanced Excel and power point.
- Previous experience in a sexual and reproductive health program will be an added advantage.
- Clear and excellent understanding of the different donor policy requirements having worked in several donor-funded programs
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] or before close of business 7th July, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement