Our client, a Micro Finance institutions based in Nairobi wishes to recruit a self-driven Credit Controller.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the position is responsible for timely preparation of accurate monthly credit statements, credit control operations to ensure prompt collection of trade debts, minimization of credit risk and adherence to credit policy for company profitability and growth.
- Checking customer's credit situation, recommending whether or not to offer the credit
- Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- On continuous basis ensuring setting up of the credit control systems in line with the market practice
- Ensuring that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Meeting cash & debtor day targets set by the Firm
- Following up overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Maintaining accurate records of all debt management activities
- Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Identifying changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensuring that all transactions are compliant with Company's policies and the regulating statutory bodies
- Handling disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A business related degree from a recognized university
- CPA (K) or equivalent.
- 4 years’ relevant working experience
- Excellent Customer relations skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who wish to be considered for the positions are invited to direct their applications specifying the position applied for in the “subject line of the email” to:
So as to be received latest by Friday July 21, 2017 attaching a detailed CV stating age, education, professional qualifications, relevant work experience, current remuneration, names and addresses of three referees.