Our client, a multinational company that offers security solutions is looking for an Operational Purchasing Officer to be responsible for all operational purchasing activities and supplier contacts related undertakings in Somalia.
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
- Purchase contracted material and services according to defined stock / services levels or delivery schedules.
- Purchase non-contracted material and services of low complexity and limited value.
- Handle all operational purchasing activities and supplier contacts related to purchase orders (to include, but not limited to, purchasing requests, RFQ’s, purchase orders, delivery monitoring, returns, claims and invoices).
- Monitor and follow up with suppliers to ensure they meet their commitments in accordance with purchase orders and agreed terms & conditions.
- Ensure that required end-user-statements are provided to suppliers.
- Ensure the designated ERP-system is updated with supplier and purchasing data.
- Monitor and follow-up on supplier performance in liaison with the Strategic Purchasing Officer. Maintain and review records of items bought, cost, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
- Act on or escalate order deviations.
- Assist in supplier development and other improvements efforts and analysis.
- Maintain a good working relationship with suppliers.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Strategic Purchasing Officer, Supply Chain Manager and Operations Manager.
- Must have over 5 years purchasing experience in an international company
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related studies such as Logistics, Warehousing.
- Knowledge of ERP procurement systems and procedures.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player with leadership qualities.
- Capacity for personal and professional development.
- High premium on tact, subtlety, intelligence, critical thinking and flexibility.
- Ability to operate in austere and stressful environments whilst maintaining high levels of performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to
Deadline: 20th July 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews