Job Vacancy: Quality Manager
Location: Jinja – Uganda
Our client, one of the leading printed paper-products solutions provider in Uganda is seeking to recruit a Quality Manager.
The person will be responsible for developing and initiating programmes and procedures to ensure product quality from incoming raw material to finished goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate operational policies, procedures, systems and strategies to ensure a quality product is produced.
- Follow up and advises the Quality Control Manager regarding the status and result of pending non-conformity issues.
- Conduct daily quality audits for product conformity against the supplied specifications, including fit form and function of the product.
- Conduct daily quality audits on specs for completeness of information required from the machine operators and supervisors.
- Conducts daily quality audits for the condition of products during each stage, incoming, work in process, finished goods, and warehousing point.
- Conduct daily quality audits as a visual inspection of the products on stacking, stretch wrapping, number of strapping, pallet size, quantity per unit and proper tonnage.
- Communicates any non-conformity or questionable products to the production machine operators, assistants and shift supervisors.
- Makes sure that all loads have the proper load tags and that the information on the load tags matches the instructions and/or requirements stated on the specification.
- Monitors, communicates and updates status of the products in quarantine in the computer operating system.
- Verifies all the printed bar codes are legible and passes the bar code reader scanner test.
- Verifies all colors match the ink swatches and use the spectro densitometer and designated color verification software to ensure colors read within tolerance.
- Leads and participate in sorting, inspection or rework activities to ensure compliance to specification and/or regulatory requirements.
- Advises shift supervisor, department managers and all involved personnel on non-conformity findings
- Ensures the timely communication and processes of reports, findings and other documentation.
- Ensures that all employees are well informed of quality system procedures and any changes.
- Define procedures for company personnel.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvements across the organization.
- Identifies and utilizes relevant quality related training needs.
- Ensure the execution of corrective action and ongoing compliance with customer’s specifications and requirements.
- Manage documentation and records in order to ensure that they are complete, current, secure, and retrievable.
- Interpret data from routine analysis in order to validate that materials meet specifications and approved for shipment to customers.
- Supervise, organize, and maintain the Quality Laboratory and Quality Department employees
- Maintains calibration of inspection instruments and maintains calibration records.
- Troubleshoots any reported quality problems with products.
- Good understanding of root cause analysis.
- Reports to and works closely with the General Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Subject
- Preferably experience in Flexo Labels and or Packaging, Packaging Engineering, and/or -5 years of Quality Assurance experience
- Experience and a solid background in a Label/packaging/manufacturing atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven problem-solving ability thorough knowledge of physical property testing of self-adhesive material; flexible films; Dart, Tear, Tensile, COF, MVTR, OTR, etc.
Salary for this position is determined according to the candidate’s current salary, experience and qualifications and may be somewhat flexible based on the criteria of the ideal candidate
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] before close of business 15th July, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.