QualiBasic Seed (QBS) is a company established in 2017, to produce and supply Foundation Seed (FS) to seed companies in East and Southern Africa, with the aim to be the preferred supplier of Foundation Seed to the ultimate benefit of Africa’s Farmers.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position of Commercial Manager based at our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya or at our operations in Zambia and South Africa.
The job requires a qualified, experienced individual who has experience of the seeds Marketing and Sales in Africa.
Reporting to the Managing Director (MD), the CM is responsible for strategically managing the commercial relationship between QBS and its seed company customers in order to build trust and a reputation for reliability with the customer and meet the commercial targets of QBS.
The CM will
- regularly interact with all QBS customers (current and potential) in ESA, to develop deep enduring commercial relationships in order to achieve target sales and assure payment;
- Provide technical support (including complaint management) & advice to customers and prospects;
- Craft and Implement a Marketing and Sales strategy for QBS in ESA as well annual budgets and implementation plans. To include Market and Competition analysis, customer/product/opportunity matrix as well as the QBS value proposition along with clear financial objectives;
- Review & report monthly sales and future demands at the S&OP meeting;
- Develop and agree PS pricing and terms (order placement, pricing, credit terms, cash discounts, and others) with the MD;
- Establish an SME seed companies’ CRM QBS Customers database, available to the company to manage all customer interactions;
- Develop Marketing materials to create company and product awareness;
- Ensure that seasonal wide-spread on-farm variety demonstrations and field-days run annually by partners, convey the optimum commercial message for QBS and customer visits and interactions are effectively managed.
The candidate must have
- deep experience of African Agricultural inputs sales and marketing;
- Personal knowledge of and good relationships with the QBS target customer base;
- Both commercial (marketing and sales) and technical skills with respect to the seeds business in Africa;
- A customer focused individual, committed to building a reputation for trust and reliability;
- Will have worked in a seed marketing and sales environment in a similar role for at least 5 years;
- A highly proficient level of written / spoken English;
- Performance and results driven attitude;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Willingness to travel frequently to the company’s operations and customers in ESA;
- Experience of working with a start-up business is desirable.
Those who meet the above qualifications and specifications are invited to submit their applications together with updated CVs and references to [email protected] no later than Friday 14th July 2017.