Our Client, a new upmarket service Apartment company is looking for a passionate Pastry Sous-Chef for its restaurants in Nairobi.
The key responsibility is to maintain the food standards and ensure consistency across multiple units.
The candidate will spend a good deal of the time training and supervising juniors.
He/She needs to identify and nurture young talents by transferring his/her knowledge and understanding of set recipes and new food concepts.
- Managing a team.
- Understanding and preparation of set recipes as per company standards.
- Demonstrate outstanding skills in grilling and roasting of meat cuts.
- Training and supervising juniors.
- Preparation of all food in line with company standards, with a special eye for detail.
- Preparation of purchase orders.
- Oversee hygiene, sanitization and cleanliness in line with the HACCP rules and procedures.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage production from a reputable institution.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a busy 4/5 star kitchen/high end catering facility.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and HACCP Certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of junior kitchen staff on regular basis.
- Perform refresher courses as well as appraisals.
- Good knowledge in hygiene and sanitization.
- Experience working in a similar capacity.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh.50, 000 Plus 2% service charge
Deadline: 12th August 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2t2VrMM
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***