Engineering Opportunity at SMEC Kenya: Transport Engineer
About SMEC: SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world's top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks. SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company registered in Australia
- We have an established network of over 75 permanent offices around the world and over 6,000 employees.
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Water; Hydropower and Energy; Transport; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services and Mining, Oil and Gas.
- Participate in projects as required as per area(s) of specialization (Geometric design, materials, traffic or structural design)
- Support business development in the region including but not limited to preparation of Expressions of Interest and Proposals
- Act as projects’ liaison and coordinate delivery of high quality project deliverables
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and supervise/mentor junior engineers
Key Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. in Civil Engineering
- Between 8 and 12 years’ experience on Roads/Highways design
- Registration with IEK/EBK or equivalent is desirable
- Experience in business development is desirable
- MUST be fluent in English, Knowledge in French will be an added advantage
- MUST have good report writing skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, [email protected] on or before 11 July 2017.
All CVs MUST have at least 3 referees.