Job Re-Advertisement: Communications Manager
Uraia Trust is a leading national organization whose mission is to provide quality civic education and empower Kenyans to exercise their civic duty in order to realize their constitutional aspirations.
Uraia seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the position of Communications Manager.
The jobholder is responsible for ensuring creative and appropriate media and communication services for the effective and efficient execution of Uraia’s activities.
A key part of this role is developing and effectively executing a multi-media strategy to underpin Uraia’s programme activities.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Develop and implement the multi-media strategy and ensure its effective implementation based on current events and upcoming opportunities, in line with Uraia’s programme objectives.
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Uraia media programme, including providing regular work plans, progress reports, and ensuring regular communications with all programme partners.
- Advice on content development of key messages and topics to be discussed through mainstream and specialised media outlets, oversee production and placement of specially recorded Info/educational commercials and obtain approval as is necessary.
- Advice on branding and visibility in relation to media opportunities (use of logo, key messages, ownership of the programme etc.).
- Ensure greater awareness of quality civic education and engagement practices and accessibility of educational and informative materials.
- Liaise with media monitoring services and interpret findings in light of the Uraia media strategy and Uraia Resource File contents whenever necessary.
- Support and train implementing partners on how to use the media through tailored media training.
- Coordinate all Trust related programme communication including the outsourcing of these services, production of monthly Bulletins, Annual Reports, website and social media content management.
- Ensure regular contact and maintain relationships with media houses to ensure adequate coverage of programme related activities.
- In liaison with the Procurement Officer, develop terms of reference and tender documents for specific service delivery components, e.g. branding materials.
- Develop and monitor the communication budget in liaison with the Programmes and Finance units.
- Undertaking project planning, management and reporting.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
CLICK HERE for a detailed job description and profile, please refer to the Uraia Trust
Required qualifications for the position:
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations. A Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations or Sociology will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years’ experience in communications, public relations or media relations including the use of social media as an official communication tool with at least 3 years’ experience at a managerial level.
- Demonstrable planning, coordination, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in providing communication support to a senior level role will be an added advantage.
- Experience in graphic and web design will be an added advantage.
The engagement for this position will be for an initial contract of two years that is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application letter and detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, contact details and quoting reference number UT/2017/06/01 by close of business on 7th July 2017 addressed to:
The Human Resources Unit
P O Box 28151-00100
P O Box 28151-00100
E- Mail: [email protected]
Note: Please note that for those who had already applied for this position in June 2017, you need not reapply again.