Valentine Growers Limited a company that specializes in growing high quality cut Rose flowers is currently recruiting for a Sales and Marketing Manager who will be reporting to the Managing Director.
The position holder should have good experience in the floriculture industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities to promote products presentation, working with the Sales and Post Harvest managers.
- Negotiate contracts/Prices with customers and manage proper balanced flower distribution within regions.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing with farm’s objectives and customer satisfaction
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of flowers and monitoring market trends
- Expand and develop marketing platforms for the clients’ products.
- Advise on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of flowers
- Analysis of client research, current market conditions and competitor information Develop and implement Marketing policies and procedures
- Daily communication with client’s i.e. receiving and facilitating processing of their orders and any other requirements
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities to promote products presentation, working with the Production and Post Harvest managers.
- Identify, develop and evaluate marketing strategy based on knowledge of the company objectives, marketing characteristics and cost and mark up factors.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets expenditures, research and development, and return on investment and profits loss
- Negotiate contracts/Prices with clients and manage proper balanced flower distribution establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies in consultation with the Management. Ensure that all the contracts are signed by the Management
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of flowers, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Advise on local and international factors affecting the buying and selling of flowers
- Consult with clients to gain advice regarding the types of roses expected to be in demand.
- Monitor market trends and advising the production and post harvest team to manage cycles.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Advanced Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience in floriculture industry a must.
- Technical marketing skills
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
- Quality oriented.
- Hardworking. .
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
How to Apply
If qualified send your CV only quoting the job title on the subject (SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER) to [email protected] stating the current Salary and expected salary.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further discussion.