Young Women Christian Association is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites application for the position of National General Secretary.
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi at the Head Office and will report to the National Board through the National Chairperson.
Purpose of the Job: Responsible for interpretation, promotion and implementation of the Association’s Vision, Mission and Policies
The National General Secretary is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Association’s long term strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead, in conjunction with the National Board, the development of the Association’s strategy:
- To lead and oversee the implementation of the Association’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy:
- To oversee the day to day operations of the Association;
- To oversee the affairs and advise the National Board on the operations of the Branches;
- To enter into contracts on behalf of the Association together with the National Chairperson subject to National Board approval,
- To ensure adherence to all Association’s policies and ensure that effective internal controls and management information systems are in place and to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically,
- To ensure undertaking of internal and external audits;
- To assess the principal risks of the Association and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed,
- To ensure adequate financial resources for the operations of the Association;
- To ensure timely preparation of the Association’s budget and that expenditures are within the authorized annual budget of the Association;
- Responsible for ensuring that the legal and financial obligations of the Association are met
- To ensure the Association is appropriately organized and staffed in line with the Human Resource Policy and oversee staff contracts, performance planning and review and ensure capacity building for Staff, Board Members and Volunteers,
- To network and communicate effectively with members, employees at National and Branch levels. Government authorities, Development partners including World YWCA, other stakeholders and the public;
- In concert with the Chairperson, to organize for National Council, National Convention, Youth Conference and to facilitate the attendance to the World YWCA Council;
- Coordinate the work of the National Board and the various Committees and present periodic reports to the National Board and the National Council
- Oversee the preparation of reports to Committees and development partners including World YWCA,
- To sit in the National Board and its Committees and oversee recording and keeping of minutes of all meetings,
- To oversee the growth, vibrancy and expansion of Membership and ensure maintenance of the Constitutional requirements.
- Ensure safe custody of property and legal documents, records and minutes of the Association.
- To undertake any other duty as may be decided by the National Board
Qualifications & Skills
- Masters in Business Administration! Sociology / Community Development / Social Science
- Degree in Business Administration! Sociology / Community Development / Social Science
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in a non-governmental organization
- Be a strong Christian
Women are encouraged to apply
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
A Motivation Letter with a detailed CV to reach the mentioned e-mail on or before 28th July 2017 - [email protected]