Our client in the not for profit sector has been contracted to implement a 1 year donor project (with possible extension) and is seeking suitable and highly motivated people to fill the following position within the project:
Finance and Administration Officer
Purpose of the role: The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for activities and tasks in programme administration and finance, reporting, coordination and donor liaison as part of the organisations efforts to implement and report on its interventions.
- Provide administrative, financial and logistical support and organise effective technical oversight and back-up as necessary;
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with contractual obligations;
- Conduct periodic reviews of systems used by project teams against corporate QA standards;
- Maintain effective project records and working files;
- Manage evacuation and insurance matters
- Manage travel arrangements for project team
- Maintain document control (including project filing, general correspondence)
- As necessary, ensure that the project when ending is closed down effectively, that all contractual obligations have been met, final invoices raised and settled and that the project profit and loss account has been reconciled.
- Prepare documentation for payment of project expenses (e.g. accounts payable, funds requests)
- Using the accounting software keep records, monitor and authorize all payments to appointed staff on basis of time sheets and finance documents submitted;
- Prepare draft project budget revisions, in consultation with Chief Financial Officer and Programme Manager
- Monitor expenditure, prepare monthly project financial analysis and forecasts and approve funds transfers
- Provide mentoring and technical support to field personnel and supervise operation of field based Imprest Accounts.
- Prepare draft client invoicing and maintain invoice register
- Procurement: Responsible for managing and securing project supplies, giving guidance to staff on travel arrangements and expense tracking, programme and stipend supplies in accordance with client policies and procedures.
- Preparation of donor reports: coordinate submissions from relevant staff to meet reporting deadlines
- Undertake other duties as the line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
- Certified Public Accountant (K)
- Bachelor of Commerce or a business-related degree from recognised university
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstration of creativity to achieve results using minimum resources
- Strong oral, written and comprehension skills
- Excellent software skills such as use of spreadsheets like excel, word, powerpoint, access.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with tight deadlines
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Friday, 25th August, 2017.
Indicate Finance and Administration Officer in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.